Our Practice Areas

Civil Litigation

Sometimes receiving a judgment at trial is just the beginning. When a higher court needs to hear your case, Michael J. Whitten & Associates, P.C. is here to help. We handle both civil and criminal appeals no matter how complex the legal issues are. We are experienced in convincing an appeals court of the merits of your case. If your appeal needs the best, then contact Michael J. Whitten & Associates, P.C.


Oil and Gas

If you are involved in a legal dispute where you are seeking damages, or another party is seeking damages against you, you need a law firm that is experienced in civil litigation and representing parties in trials and hearings before the court system. A law firm that is experienced in court and knows all the players can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.


Eminent Domain

Have you been injured through no fault of your own? Michael J. Whitten & Associates, P.C. is committed to representing people who have been victimized - by someone else's negligence. If someone has done you an injury, call our office today to start the process in making it right.


Michael J. Whitten and Associates, P.C. has experience in the oil and gas industry helping private landowners. If you have been approached by an oil or gas company asking to drill an oil or gas well on your property, you need to consult an attorney who has the skills and experience to protect the your property rights. Contact our office to learn how we can help you preserve your land, maximize your royalty income, and avoid problems when the drilling starts and stops.


Personal Injury

The process of dividing up property, money and other personal items upon a person’s death can be anything but simple. Even if there is a will, there may be disagreement on the distribution of contents. Michael J. Whitten & Associates, P.C. is been providing probate services to Denton County residents for over 40 years.


In Texas, the eminent domain process can be stopped if the taking does not meet the requirements for public purpose or necessity. Contact Michael J. Whitten & Associates, P.C. to help you keep control or to set the value of your property. Remember, even if the government has the right to condemn your property, they cannot dictate the price they are willing to pay; compensation is determined by the highest and best use laws for your property.